Monday, June 12, 2006

So I want to be an Engineer?

That's a question that I don't have the right to answer now. It's too late! I am Joe, I have just completed my 3rd year at Illinois College, and I am in the midst of transferring to Washington University in St. Louis for the fall, for Mechanical Engineering. So you see, to answer that question any other way than yes, would mean for a colossal waste of time.

It is my understanding that I am "blogging" to give insight into what a fourth and fifth year student does while completing the 3-2 program from IC. I am thrilled to be able to share my experiences, but I can assure most of you, they will not be profound, life changing, or incredibly passionate. In fact, the more I think about it, if in fact they stay incredibly boring, that just means that everything is going incredibly smooth, and I'm doing one heck of a job.

That won't happen, either.

I'm sure there will be some trials along the way, but without those, how much fun would it be anyway? I'm sure I'll write about bad tests and professors, fun times, bad times, and all those times in between, and through all of it, I hope it shows at least one thing: you can be very successful going through the Illinois College program.

Some quick clarification: I no longer attend IC, they are not paying me (although, it wasn't an option, Scott), and I have absolutely no reason to do this, other than I still believe very firmly that I have had the greatest opportunity in going to IC, and I really hope that my experiences can help some others along the way. If only 4 people read this thing, and that is a possibility, then that's four more people I have helped, and that makes me feel four times better.

So, without any further ado, I welcome you all to my blog, may it be as exciting for you, as it will be for me.

Joe

p.s.
Anyone can ALWAYS reach me at- calmesej@ic.edu - please just include "Blog" as the subject.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home